-   -   Need help Editing Ron de Bruin Script (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/354624-need-help-editing-ron-de-bruin-script.html)

[email protected]

Need help Editing Ron de Bruin Script

Hello all,

I have been trying to sort data from one worksheet onto others and I
read many newsgroup postings and alot of them recommended Ron de
Bruin's scripts. So I took a look and found this one would do what I
needed:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#all
It was fast and easy to use and configure. However when you run the
macro it auto names the sheets based on the cell value. But I need to
name the sheet something different.

My values a
Spring '06
Summer '06
Fall '06
Winter '07

And I need my sheet names to be increased by 1. For example all rows
with the spring '06 value will be stored in a sheet named Spring '07.
Now this may seem strange but customers that purchase our product in
spring '06 have right of first refusal for Spring '07 so I must keep
track. My VBA skills are minimal at best (I could change the values
where the script told me and that was about it.) I tried using an
if-then-elseif statement for WSNew.Name area of the script but I kept
on recieving the error that is built into the script right there.
Anyone have any advice or sudgestions or another command to try?

I would really appreciate the help.

Kris K.

PS Also if anyone knows how to strip the formating from the text that
has been copied by the script into new worksheets I could use help with
that as well

Ron de Bruin

Need help Editing Ron de Bruin Script

Hi Kris K

I will look at it this evening
Have every Unique value two numeric characters at the end ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message oups.com...
[...]

Kris

Need help Editing Ron de Bruin Script

Yes, they all have two numeric characters at the end and also an
apostrophe " ' " but that isn't important and can be removed it if
makes coding this any easier.

Thanks for the help Ron I know many of us depend on you for your
talents.

Ron de Bruin

Need help Editing Ron de Bruin Script

hi Kris

Test this

WSNew.Name = Left(cell.Value, Len(cell.Value) - 2) & Format(Val(Right(cell.Value, 2)) + 1, "00")

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Kris" wrote in message oups.com...
Yes, they all have two numeric characters at the end and also an
apostrophe " ' " but that isn't important and can be removed it if
makes coding this any easier.

Thanks for the help Ron I know many of us depend on you for your
talents.

Kris

Need help Editing Ron de Bruin Script

That worked great thanks.

Ron de Bruin

Need help Editing Ron de Bruin Script

Hi Kris

Forgot this

PS Also if anyone knows how to strip the formating from the text that
has been copied by the script into new worksheets I could use help with
that as well

Add WSNew.Cells.ClearFormats below WSNew.Columns.AutoFit

WSNew.Columns.AutoFit
WSNew.Cells.ClearFormats