-   -   How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,384 r (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/354287-how-do-i-expand-excel-lookup-function-search-more-than-16-384-r.html)

Rusty

How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,384 r

Excel 2003 limits lookup functions to searching 16,384 row of the source
worksheet. Is there a way to expand this window?

Niek Otten

How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,384 r

Do you mean VLOOKUP? There is no such limit.
What do you see that makes you think so?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Rusty" wrote in message
Excel 2003 limits lookup functions to searching 16,384 row of the source
worksheet. Is there a way to expand this window?

Bluewolf

How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,3

Hi Niek,

I am hitting the same barrier as Rusty with same version of Excel. If you
can help please look at my post 3/27/06 VLOOKUP in Data sets of more than
16384 rows
--
A charming and handsome, highley intelectual adept levle Excel user.

"Rusty" wrote in message
Excel 2003 limits lookup functions to searching 16,384 row of the source
worksheet. Is there a way to expand this window?

NickHK

How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,3

Bluewolf,
Downgrade to XL2000 ? This version works fine on 40000+, so I can't
duplicate your problem.
Otherwise I suppose you could write your own lookup replacement UDF with
..Find and .Offset.

NickHK

"Rusty" wrote in message
Excel 2003 limits lookup functions to searching 16,384 row of the

source
worksheet. Is there a way to expand this window?

Rusty

How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,3

Thanks Niek, I found that the 16,384 is automatically set as a limit when
selecting a higher number of rows. At the time I posted the question, I
mistakenly imagined it to be a limit. But, upon going into the formula and
changing the row number to whatever I wanted, the formula was accepsted and
the function worked fine.

"Rusty" wrote in message
Excel 2003 limits lookup functions to searching 16,384 row of the source
worksheet. Is there a way to expand this window?

Rusty

How do I expand Excel lookup function to search more than 16,3

Bluewolf, I did find a work around...... I found that the 16,384 is