-   -   Importing a File into a Template (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/354196-importing-file-into-template.html)

Paige

Importing a File into a Template

I have an Excel template with a button for someone to click, at which time
they select a text file to import and it imports it through the import
wizard. However, there is now a separate file (text file) open, which could
be under any file name (it would change each time). How can I have VBA copy
the file that was just opened via the wizard into the template, starting at
cell A1, and then close (and not save) the file opened via the wizard?

Also, I looked at Chip Pearson's VBA coding to import a file, but it asks
for a separator (via a message box), and I don't know how to indicate a tab
as a separtor. Any ideas?