-   -   Lookup problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/353652-lookup-problems.html)

cvach

Lookup problems

I currently have a workbook with two worksheets. I need a formula that
returns the row number from the second worksheet of the first unused
row. I need this value to be displayed in a cell on the first
worksheet.

Don Guillett

Lookup problems

just match a number larger than possible in your column
=MATCH(999999999,nameofotherworksheet!B:B)+1

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"cvach" wrote in message
oups.com...
I currently have a workbook with two worksheets. I need a formula that
returns the row number from the second worksheet of the first unused
row. I need this value to be displayed in a cell on the first
worksheet.

cvach

Lookup problems

I did this and I recieved and error message # N/A

[email protected]

Lookup problems

LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
(where is the column to search 1=A, 2=B etc)

Glen

[email protected]

Lookup problems

forgot.
LastRow = sheets("MySheet).Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

Glen

Don Guillett

Lookup problems

for letters use "zzzzzzzzzzzz". If still a problem, you have nothing in the
column.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"cvach" wrote in message
oups.com...
I did this and I recieved and error message # N/A