-   -   If function with text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/353171-if-function-text.html)

Richard

If function with text

I posted a question about if function earlier, but here is the a new twist.
I want to use a function probably the if function to check if say from cell
A2 to E1 to see if the value is less than .5 or no data or equal to o, if
true than give cell F1 a value of 1, and if cell A1 has not text in it,
then, give cell F1 a blank or nothing. How do I write this function?

Don Guillett

If function with text

try
=IF(ISTEXT(a1),"","Nottext")

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Richard" wrote in message
. ..
I posted a question about if function earlier, but here is the a new twist.
I want to use a function probably the if function to check if say from cell
A2 to E1 to see if the value is less than .5 or no data or equal to o, if
true than give cell F1 a value of 1, and if cell A1 has not text in it,
then, give cell F1 a blank or nothing. How do I write this function?

bnkone

If function with text

Try =if(and(citeria 1," ",criteria 2," ",0))