-   -   if function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/353154-if-function.html)

Richard

if function

I want to use a function probably the if function to check if say from cell
A1 to E1 to see if the value is less than .5 or no data, if true than give
cell F1 a value of 1. How do I write this function?

Ron de Bruin

if function

Hi Richard

Do you want to test if every cell in A1:E1 is less than .5 or not have data

Try this in F1

=IF(MAX(A1:E1)<0.5,1,"")

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Richard" wrote in message ...
I want to use a function probably the if function to check if say from cell A1 to E1 to see if the value is less than .5 or no
data, if true than give cell F1 a value of 1. How do I write this function?

Tom Ogilvy

if function

=if(A1<.5,1,"")

if you are looking for all values to be less than .5 or blank

=if(sum(countif(A1:E1,{"<.5",""}))=5,1,"")

Tom Ogilvy