-   -   CSV formatting problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/353078-csv-formatting-problem.html)

andyp161[_7_]

CSV formatting problem

Hi There,

I am using a spreadsheet saved as a csv file to save informatio
submited from an online form. Is there anyway that I can sav
formatting in a csv file e.g. column widths? When ever I do so, an
re-open, all formatting is lost.

Many thank

--
andyp16
andyp161's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1165

Dave Peterson

CSV formatting problem

..csv files are plain text--there's no formatting that can get saved with it.

andyp161 wrote:

Hi There,

I am using a spreadsheet saved as a csv file to save information
submited from an online form. Is there anyway that I can save
formatting in a csv file e.g. column widths? When ever I do so, and
re-open, all formatting is lost.

Many thanks

--
andyp161