-   -   Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/353057-pivot-table.html)

C. Roenbaugh

Pivot Table

I am trying to remove all data from a pivot table. The following code
does not work every time. I don't understand why.

Set PT = Worksheets("PT").PivotTables("PT1")

With PT
'clear old items
On Error Resume Next
.PivotFields("Data").Orientation = xlHidden
.RowFields(1).Orientation = xlHidden

'add row field
.AddFields RowFields:="LocationID"
'add the data filed
With .PivotFields("Amount")
.Orientation = xlDataField
.Function = xlSum
End With

End With

C. Roenbaugh

Pivot Table

More Information:

The program works when there are two items in the "Data" area of the
pivot table, when there is only one, it doesn't work.

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Table

If you're using Excel 2002 or later version, you can use the following:

'==================
Dim pf As PivotField

With PT
'clear old items