-   -   Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/353010-excel-automatically-clearing-clipboard.html)

MDW

Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

A co-worker of mine is having a strange problem with the Excel clipboard.
When he highlights and copies a range, Excel will clear the clipboard and the
moving dotted line will vanish from around the copy area. This happens
anywhere from between 4 and 20 seconds after he copies. I've seen it happen
personally.

He has XL 2000, SP3. Is there a bug or setting in Excel that could account
for this?

--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

Norman Jones

Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

Hi MDW,

Are any macros being run?

Is there any event code in the sheet's module?

---
Regards,
Norman

"MDW" wrote in message
A co-worker of mine is having a strange problem with the Excel clipboard.
When he highlights and copies a range, Excel will clear the clipboard and
the
moving dotted line will vanish from around the copy area. This happens
anywhere from between 4 and 20 seconds after he copies. I've seen it
happen
personally.

He has XL 2000, SP3. Is there a bug or setting in Excel that could account
for this?

--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

MDW

Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

Not that I'm aware of.

This doesn't just happen to one file.

--

"MDW" wrote in message
A co-worker of mine is having a strange problem with the Excel clipboard.
When he highlights and copies a range, Excel will clear the clipboard and
the
moving dotted line will vanish from around the copy area. This happens
anywhere from between 4 and 20 seconds after he copies. I've seen it
happen
personally.

He has XL 2000, SP3. Is there a bug or setting in Excel that could account
for this?

--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!

Gary Keramidas

Excel Automatically Clearing The Clipboard

disable all add ins

start excel in safe mode. excel /s

see if it still happens

--