-   -   Multiple lines in single cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/352864-multiple-lines-single-cell.html)

gti_jobert[_14_]

Multiple lines in single cell

Hi all,

Anyone know how to input 2 strings from vba into a single cell, like
the following;

String 1
String 2

Code:
--------------------

Cells(1, 1).Value = "M/C Group By: " & GroupMachine & " " & "Shift Group By: " & GroupShift

--------------------

The code above puts the strings into the cell without a break.

Any help appreciated!!

Taa laa

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30634

Robin Hammond[_2_]

Multiple lines in single cell

activecell.Value = "a" & chr(10) & "b"

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"gti_jobert" wrote
in message ...

Hi all,

Anyone know how to input 2 strings from vba into a single cell, like
the following;

String 1
String 2

Code:
--------------------

Cells(1, 1).Value = "M/C Group By: " & GroupMachine & " " & "Shift Group
By: " & GroupShift

--------------------

The code above puts the strings into the cell without a break.

Any help appreciated!!

Taa laa

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510524

gti_jobert[_15_]

Multiple lines in single cell

Hey,

I had originally did as you tried but got a square inbetween my strings
within the cell, found out that the cell first has to be formatted using
'Wrap Text box'.

Taa

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30634
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510524

Jim May

Multiple lines in single cell

Range("A1") = "String1" & Chr(10) & "String2"

maybe,

"gti_jobert" wrote
in message ...

Hi all,

Anyone know how to input 2 strings from vba into a single cell, like
the following;

String 1
String 2

Code:
--------------------

Cells(1, 1).Value = "M/C Group By: " & GroupMachine & " " & "Shift Group
By: " & GroupShift

--------------------

The code above puts the strings into the cell without a break.

Any help appreciated!!

Taa laa

--
gti_jobert
gti_jobert's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510524

avveerkar[_50_]

Multiple lines in single cell

Make it
Range("A1")= String1 & CHR$(10) & String2 ( it is CHR$ not CHR )

A V Veerkar

--
avveerkar
avveerkar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30338

Robert ap Rhys

Multiple lines in single cell

"avveerkar" wrote
in message ...

( it is CHR$ not CHR )

It's both. And there's very little to choose between the two. Chr$ is
marginally more efficient, but will make such a disappearingly small
improvement in an average Excel/VBA application that, in reality, it matters
not which you use.

Robert