Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default =Count(two "n" in a row, c3:ad3)

I need a formula similar to the one in the subject, i know that won't
work though. In each row is a series of "y"s and "n"s. I need to know
if there are two "n"s in a row.
Thanks,

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also, I forgot to mention, i have a conditional format so that when
there are two "n"s in a row one turns orange. Maybe i can do =count(#
of orange cells, c3:ad3)
Thanks.

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In A3 --

=IF(COUNTIF(C3:AD3,"n")1,"Two","")

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"ForSale" wrote in
message ...

I need a formula similar to the one in the subject, i know that won't
work though. In each row is a series of "y"s and "n"s. I need to know
if there are two "n"s in a row.
Thanks,

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm sorry, I didn't post that correct the first time. Instead of two
"n"s in a row, i need to know when there is a "y" and a "n" next to
each other.

Each person gets a row and each skill gets two columns, one for
"trained" and one for "used". If they are trained but not used, ("y"
then "n") it will turn orange. i need a formula to tell me how many
oranges are in each row.

I hope this makes sense; if it doesn't, I will elaborate more or show
an example.

Thanks,

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may be able to use a combination of COUNTIF and the Conditional
formatting foumula to count the cells that are orange. What is the CF
formula?

I have code that will count colored cells but it won't work for conditional
formatting colors.

Howard

"ForSale" wrote in
message ...

I need a formula similar to the one in the subject, i know that won't
work though. In each row is a series of "y"s and "n"s. I need to know
if there are two "n"s in a row.
Thanks,

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

L. Howard Kittle Wrote:
You may be able to use a combination of COUNTIF and the Conditional
formatting foumula to count the cells that are orange. What is the CF
formula?

I have code that will count colored cells but it won't work for
conditional
formatting colors.

Howard

Thanks, the CF formula is =AND(MOD(COLUMN(),2)=0,C2="y",D2="n")
and this is in D:AD.

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about sending me a sample worksheet. I'm a bit vague on the whole set
up. May not be able to help but will give it a go.

Regards,
Howard

"ForSale" wrote in
message ...

I need a formula similar to the one in the subject, i know that won't
work though. In each row is a series of "y"s and "n"s. I need to know
if there are two "n"s in a row.
Thanks,

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

L. Howard Kittle Wrote:
How about sending me a sample worksheet. I'm a bit vague on the whole
set
up. May not be able to help but will give it a go.

Regards,
Howard

Sure, what is your email address. Send me a PM if you don't want to
display it publicly.
Thanks.

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You should be able to attach it to a reply to me from this post.
I see some of my replies are not making it to the group.

Howard

"ForSale" wrote in
message ...

L. Howard Kittle Wrote:
How about sending me a sample worksheet. I'm a bit vague on the whole
set
up. May not be able to help but will give it a go.

Regards,
Howard

Sure, what is your email address. Send me a PM if you don't want to
display it publicly.
Thanks.

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It won't let me post the .xls file, so i changed it to .txt. that
changed the file drastically, but you may still be able to get a better
understanding of what I'm working with.
Hope this helps.

|Filename: sample.txt |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4335 |

ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509129

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Scott,

=IF(AND(C3="y",D3="n")=TRUE,1,"") returns 1 when your conditional format
conditions exist. Enter in cell AI3 and select AI3 and AJ3, (which is
empty), and pull over to BI. This will space the formulas to match your
sheet. While row 3 is still selected, grab cell BI3 and pull the whole row
down to row 41

Enter =SUM(AI3:BJ3) in cell AH3 and pull down to 41.

Enter =SUM(AH3:AH41) in cell AH43.

Check conditional formatting in cell AD4. It compares cells AB & AD.
Should be AC & AD??

Sample sheet sent to you.

HTH
Regards,