-   -   Choosing pictures (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/352436-choosing-pictures.html)

Arnold Reedy

Choosing pictures

I am making a product feature sheet. Rather than making 50 different one's
for each product, I want to have a single worksheet that drags data and
pictures from a database within the same workbook.

The text is no problem, but I am having trouble with the pictures.

I have ~50 different pictures. Depending upon a choice from a list box, I
want a particular picture to show, and the others to be hidden. No matter
which picture is selected, the picture will appear in the same position.

I also want to store the pictures in the same Excel 2003 file so that I can
distribute the file, with the pictures, to others.

I can't work any standard functions to achieve the desired result and was
thinking VB might be the only way. Anyone got some sample code that might do
the trick?

Norman Jones

Choosing pictures

Hi Arnold,

See the techniques used by JE McGimpsey at:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

---
Regards,
Norman