Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checkbox macro question...

I'm currently creating a model to help with budgeting for a dance that'
being organised at my school. I have checkboxes to tick as each thing i
paid for, (e.g. marquee) and I've set up an appropriate macro to deduc
the amount each item costs, from the total amount of money remaining.

I was just wondering if it's possible to assign different macros t
check boxes for when you tick and untick them - it would be reall
useful to have the facility to untick a box, (*as well* as keeping th
macro described above for when the box is ticked) and then have th
cost of that item added back to the total money remaining.

Thanks for any help.
(Oh, and if you can, please don't make it too technical - I'
proficient at Excel, but not amazing!

--
theeyecollecto
theeyecollector's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3105

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I have an idea of what might work for you. Something in a IF
Then statement, but I would need to see the code you have so far. Can
you post it?

Regards,
Amber

theeyecollector Wrote:
I'm currently creating a model to help with budgeting for a dance that's
being organised at my school. I have checkboxes to tick as each thing is
paid for, (e.g. marquee) and I've set up an appropriate macro to deduct
the amount each item costs, from the total amount of money remaining.

I was just wondering if it's possible to assign different macros to
check boxes for when you tick and untick them - it would be really
useful to have the facility to untick a box, (*as well* as keeping the
macro described above for when the box is ticked) and then have the
cost of that item added back to the total money remaining.

Thanks for any help.
(Oh, and if you can, please don't make it too technical - I'm
proficient at Excel, but not amazing!)

--
Amber_D_Laws
Amber_D_Laws's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30012

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not have your macro differentiate whether the checkbox is set or not?

If it is a forms checkbox, you just test like so

If ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller).Value = 1 Then
'checkbox ticked
Else
'not ticked

HTH

Bob Phillips

"theeyecollector"
<theeyecollector.22k9fn_1138814701.8636@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:theeyecollector.22k9fn_1138814701.8636@excelf orum-nospam.com...

I'm currently creating a model to help with budgeting for a dance that's
being organised at my school. I have checkboxes to tick as each thing is
paid for, (e.g. marquee) and I've set up an appropriate macro to deduct
the amount each item costs, from the total amount of money remaining.

I was just wondering if it's possible to assign different macros to
check boxes for when you tick and untick them - it would be really
useful to have the facility to untick a box, (*as well* as keeping the
macro described above for when the box is ticked) and then have the
cost of that item added back to the total money remaining.

Thanks for any help.
(Oh, and if you can, please don't make it too technical - I'm
proficient at Excel, but not amazing!)

--
theeyecollector
theeyecollector's Profile: