-   -   Datedif (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/351980-datedif.html)

Jennifer

Datedif

A1 has a hire date and I want to find the difference in days/years between A1
and a specific date (10/21/1994).
I'm not very familiar with date functions, can someone help me?

--
Thanks!
-Jennifer

Dave Peterson

Datedif

As a worksheet function???

Take a look at Chip Pearson's site for =DateDif()
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

Jennifer wrote:

A1 has a hire date and I want to find the difference in days/years between A1
and a specific date (10/21/1994).
I'm not very familiar with date functions, can someone help me?

--
Thanks!
-Jennifer

--

Dave Peterson

Jennifer

Datedif

Yes, as a worksheet function ( I think ? )
I've looked on that site and can't follow the information (my lack of excel
knowledge) I need it spelled out for me, Sorry.
--
Thanks!
-Jennifer

Jennifer wrote:

A1 has a hire date and I want to find the difference in days/years between A1
and a specific date (10/21/1994).
I'm not very familiar with date functions, can someone help me?

--
Thanks!
-Jennifer

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Datedif

=DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & "months, "
& DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days"

This will return a string like

33 years, 9 months, 18 days

Copied from Chip's site.

=DATEDIF(DATE(1994,10,21),A1,"y") & " years, " &
DATEDIF(DATE(1994,10,21),A1,"ym") & "months, "
& DATEDIF(DATE(1994,10,21),A1,"md") & " days"