-   -   Built In Support for Sorting Objects (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/351895-built-support-sorting-objects.html)

[email protected]

Built In Support for Sorting Objects

I have an upcoming project requiring that VBA objects be sorted.

I know that I can write the objects out to a Worksheet and then sort
the objects and re-read them.

But I'd prefer to keep everything in memory.

... Um I've googled and discovered functions for Quicksort and
Bubblesort.

I could use those. But,

Does Excel provide any support for sorting objects.

Like Java does with the Comparable class or like C does with Quicksort
and a pointer to a function.

To give you an idea of what I'm working on, objects are first sorted
on a double, then the objects
are broken into a partition and sorted within the partition, then the
partitions are sorted, and then
partitions of the partitions are sorted.

Thanks.

Tim Williams

Built In Support for Sorting Objects

Try something like this:

http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=source...collection.htm

Or create a disconnected ADO recordset, populate its columns with your
object properties and then sort that.

Tim.

ups.com...