-   -   Format top row, but only non-blank cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/351858-format-top-row-but-only-non-blank-cells.html)

BillyRogers

Format top row, but only non-blank cells

I have a macro that formats reports that I do and have given it to coworkers.
They don't want the "entire" top row highlighted. they only want the cells
they are using. The reports we run vary in the number of columns used but
the always start at cell A1 and run horizontally and don't skip any cells.
These are the column labels. Is there some routine that can detect how many
columns are being used and only format those columns in the first row?-
instead of formattingthe entire row?

Sheets("dbo_Corp10_Demographics_Volume_").Select
Rows("1:1").Select
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 15
.Pattern = xlSolid

Ron de Bruin

Format top row, but only non-blank cells

You can use Specialcells

On Error Resume Next
Rows("1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants).Font.B old = True
On Error GoTo 0

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"BillyRogers" wrote in message ...
I have a macro that formats reports that I do and have given it to coworkers.
They don't want the "entire" top row highlighted. they only want the cells
they are using. The reports we run vary in the number of columns used but
the always start at cell A1 and run horizontally and don't skip any cells.
These are the column labels. Is there some routine that can detect how many
columns are being used and only format those columns in the first row?-
instead of formattingthe entire row?

Sheets("dbo_Corp10_Demographics_Volume_").Select
Rows("1:1").Select
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 15
.Pattern = xlSolid

BillyRogers

Format top row, but only non-blank cells

here's what i did and it works....I took some code i found in an earlier
message and modified it slightly.

Sheets("dbo_Corp10_Demographics_Volume_").Select

Range("A1", Range("IV1").End(xlToLeft)).Select

''''''''Rows("1:1").Select-----I replaced this line with the one above

With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 15
.Pattern = xlSolid