-   -   Changing workbook name in macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/351510-changing-workbook-name-macro.html)

Dutch76

Changing workbook name in macro

I want to change (in a macro) a workbook name before saving. Fo
instance: the original file is opened as "test.xls", an InputBox ask
for the extension (he _abc) and on saving the name should b
"test_abc.xls". I don't want the original file to be overwritten. Ho
can I achieve this

--
Dutch7
Dutch76's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m82

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Changing workbook name in macro

With Activeworkbook
.saveas filename:= left(.name,len(.name)-4) & ib_value & ".xls"
End With

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dutch76" wrote in message

I want to change (in a macro) a workbook name before saving. For
instance: the original file is opened as "test.xls", an InputBox asks
for the extension (he _abc) and on saving the name should be
"test_abc.xls". I don't want the original file to be overwritten. How
can I achieve this?

--
Dutch76
Dutch76's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m829