-   -   Why is this a incorrect statement? On the surface it appears corre (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/351197-why-incorrect-statement-surface-appears-corre.html)

George Furnell[_2_]

Why is this a incorrect statement? On the surface it appears corre

The following statement causes an error message, but it appears (to me) to be
ok.

The statement is Range("A1").Value = 5, and the error message is "A value
used in the formula is of the wrong data type"

Please assist.

George

Ron Rosenfeld

Why is this a incorrect statement? On the surface it appears corre

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 06:51:05 -0800, "George Furnell"
wrote:

The following statement causes an error message, but it appears (to me) to be
ok.

The statement is Range("A1").Value = 5, and the error message is "A value
used in the formula is of the wrong data type"

Please assist.

George

Unless someone has a better idea, you'll need to post more of your code. That
single statement is valid standing alone.

--ron