-   -   Making only selected PivotFields visible via macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/351009-making-only-selected-pivotfields-visible-via-macro.html)

Phil Spears

Making only selected PivotFields visible via macro

Hi there,

I have a pivot table that has many PivotField values. I want to allow users
to be able to hit a button that makes only selected PivotFields visible
(rather than the users having to deal with the actual pivot themselves).

Iniitally I guess I have to set all PivotFields.visible value to false &
then select the ones I want to show. Problem is, the underlying raw data &
hence the pivot get updated every day, so the PivotFields *may* increase in
number with different values. I therefore have to account for all PivotFields
dynamically each time the macro is run before deciding which ones to show.

Does this make sense & does anyone know of a way of doing this?

Any input appreciated

Phil