-   -   out of range error message (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350860-out-range-error-message.html)

juergenkemeter[_17_]

out of range error message

Hi,
When running the following function, there will be an error message
'subscript out of range'. I can't get to the point, why this happens.

If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate that.

VBA:

Sub Test()
Dim lStart As Long, lEnd As Long

With
Workbooks("OutOfRange.xls").Worksheets("Informatio n").Columns(2)
On Error Resume Next
lStart = .Find("Database Searches").Row 'first header
lEnd = .Find("Holdings").Row 'second section header
On Error Goto 0
End With
End Sub

I also enclosed the file where this happens.

Cheers
Juergen

|Filename: OutOfRange.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4241 |

juergenkemeter
juergenkemeter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25248
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502785

Mark Lincoln

out of range error message

You have a space in front of "Information" on the sheet tab.

Anita[_6_]

out of range error message

Hi Juergen,

I'm not a fan of downloading files with macros of unknown origin :) so
I can't really test this. But the only reason I can think that you
would get this error on this piece of code is that it can't find the
workbook or the worksheet by those exactly names so I would double
check for typos.

Good Luck!