-   -   Supress display of multiple steps in Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350729-supress-display-multiple-steps-macro.html)

MicroMain

Supress display of multiple steps in Macro

I'm a Macro NOVICE. i've recorded a macro which clears out cells, then
copies a portion from another screen, and then does some more
manipulations.

I'm sure there is a command to supress the everchanging display as the
macro executes, but I don't know how to find it. I have no manuals,
and I have no help files installed on my pc.

Norman Jones

Supress display of multiple steps in Macro

Hi MicroMain,

Try:

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'Your code

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

However, the best way of avoiding the screen noise is to rewrite your code
to remove selections, which are rarely necessary and are usually
inefficient.

---
Regards,
Norman

"MicroMain" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm a Macro NOVICE. i've recorded a macro which clears out cells, then
copies a portion from another screen, and then does some more
manipulations.

I'm sure there is a command to supress the everchanging display as the
macro executes, but I don't know how to find it. I have no manuals,
and I have no help files installed on my pc.

MicroMain

Supress display of multiple steps in Macro

Worked Perfectly.

Thanks