-   -   Calling other programs in Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350640-calling-other-programs-macro.html)

praveen_khm[_7_]

Calling other programs in Macro

Hey all,

Is it possible to call an other program in a Macro. In other words, I
am working on Oracle and I have a series of work which is repeated
everyday. Now, is it possible that I can create a Macro which reads the
details in excel, pastes in Oracle, then do the required process(which
can be programmed in Oracle) and THE EXCEL CURSOR SHOULD BE MOVED TO
THE NEXT CELL.

Also, please suggest on one more query of mine.

I use a filter. I need to do a "Macro" or a "Function" which goes to
the variable in the first dropdown list and then complete the task and
then should go to the second one. However, as in C, C++, is there any
procedure that it should stop after the last one in the dropdown is
selected? I AM NOT GOOD IN VB. I directly record macros. Please help.
:)
Thanks,
Pravi

--