-   -   copy just subtotals ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350620-copy-just-subtotals.html)

Ctech[_78_]

copy just subtotals ?

Im having a document with 5 levels of subtotals..

I want to mark an area containing just subtotals, and copy and past
these as values to a seperate sheet. However when trying to do so, I
get all the data under the subtotals too... is there a way around this?

--
Ctech
Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27745

broro183[_16_]

copy just subtotals ?

Hi,
I'm not sure if I understand your layout correctly but try selecting
your range of subtotals & then pressing [alt+'] to limit the selection
to visible cells.
Or edit - go to - special - visible cells only.
Then try the copy & paste special as values. Does this help?

Another option may be to use John Walkenbach's "copy multiple
selection" http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/copymult.exe sourced from
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/developer.htm

Hth,
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Ctech[_79_]

copy just subtotals ?

Didn't know that...

Edit - Goto - Special - Visable cells only... a great function..

thanks

--
Ctech
Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27745
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501982

broro183[_17_]

copy just subtotals ?

Yes it is great - I'm pleased I could help.
Sorry about the typo in my last post, the correct shortcut for
selecting visible cells only is [alt+;] not [alt+'] as I posted
previously.
btw, the shortcut to bring up the "Go to" window is [F5].