-   -   Copy cell properties from master when user enters a new line. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350416-copy-cell-properties-master-when-user-enters-new-line.html)

Hippy

Copy cell properties from master when user enters a new line.

Is there a VB command that can copy the formats, formulas and Data Validation
from one cell into another cell.

I have a spreadsheet that I have created all the cell formats (bold, font,
Data Validation) in line 6.

If the user enters into a new line I would like to copy the structure of
line 6 to the new line they are entering on (same column).

Thanks
Hippy

Dave Peterson

Copy cell properties from master when user enters a new line.

David McRitchie has a nice macro that asks how many rows should be inserted and
even copies the formulas down to those new rows.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas

Maybe you can modify it to always point at row 6???

--

Dave Peterson