-   -   Finding next available empty cell in a row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350400-finding-next-available-empty-cell-row.html)

Wendy

Finding next available empty cell in a row

I'm having to transpose a lot of data that are currently arranged in rows to
columns, it's the output of a 1:m data table.

I can't quite find the right syntax that activates the next available cell
in a row above.

Many thanks

Wendy

Troubled User

Finding next available empty cell in a row

Set the start to the first cell to analyze. This will find the next
available cell in the same column.

Set thecurrentcell = Worksheets("XXXX").Range("XXX")

Do While thecalcedcell.Value < 0
Set thecalcedcell = thecalcedcell.Offset(1, 0)
Loop

"Wendy" wrote:

I'm having to transpose a lot of data that are currently arranged in rows to
columns, it's the output of a 1:m data table.

I can't quite find the right syntax that activates the next available cell
in a row above.

Many thanks

Wendy

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Finding next available empty cell in a row

NextFree = Activecell.Offset(-1,0).End(xlToRight)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Wendy" wrote in message
I'm having to transpose a lot of data that are currently arranged in rows

columns, it's the output of a 1:m data table.

I can't quite find the right syntax that activates the next available cell
in a row above.

Many thanks

Wendy

mvyvoda

Finding next available empty cell in a row

awesome,

thanks gentlemen, i'm sure i can figure it out from here! who knew?

-m