-   -   Locking cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350373-locking-cells.html)

João Costa

Locking cells

Is it possible to lock values onto cells right after they 've been entered?

João Costa

Locking cells

I mean is there something like an event like the loss of focus by the cell or
something like that?

Thanks in advance

michael fuller

Locking cells

Copy the following code into each sheet you want the rule to apply to

If ActiveCell.Locked < True Then
If ActiveCell < "" Then
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
ActiveCell.Locked = True
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True

If I understand you correctly this should do the trick

"João Costa" wrote in message
I mean is there something like an event like the loss of focus by the cell
or
something like that?

Thanks in advance

GB

Locking cells

Understand, that in using the SelectionChange feature, as you bounce around
the worksheet by selecting different areas, the cell(s) you leave will be
forced to be locked if they are not entered. Might consider just the Change
sub instead. Also if the user inadvertently hits a key and changes locations
or enters the wrong data, you have to deal with that as well...