-   -   Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/350010-re-divide-monthly-sales-budget-day-budget.html)

Toppers

Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget

Benedikt,

Does day level simply mean dividing monthly figure by the number of days in
the month or it working days?

"Benedikt Fridbjornsson" wrote:

Hi

The sales budget in my company for the year 2006 is done on month level. Is
there some way for me to divide the budget to day level?

best regards

Benedikt F

Computer department

Iceland Seafood Int

Benedikt F

Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget

Hi

It would be better if it is working days. But dividing monthly figure by the
number of day in the month would also be great. I am going to import the
budget into sql server and create olap cube so everyone in my company is
going to be able to see the budget on month, week and day level.

"Toppers" wrote in message
Benedikt,

Does day level simply mean dividing monthly figure by the number of days
in
the month or it working days?

"Benedikt Fridbjornsson" wrote:

Hi

The sales budget in my company for the year 2006 is done on month level.
Is
there some way for me to divide the budget to day level?

best regards

Benedikt F

Computer department

Iceland Seafood Int

Toppers

Divide Monthly Sales Budget to Day budget

Hi,

Couple of routines to calculate calendar & working days (Monday to
Friday) in a given month:

Function NumberOfWorkdays(Y As Integer, M As Integer)
nDays = DaysInMonth(Y, M)
n = 0
For i = 1 To nDays
' Sunday=1 ....
If Weekday(DateSerial(Y, M, i)) = 2 And Weekday(DateSerial(Y, M, i)) <= 6
Then
n = n + 1
End If
Next i
NumberOfWorkdays = n
End Function

Function DaysInMonth(Y As Integer, M As Integer) As Integer
DaysInMonth = Day(DateSerial(Y, M + 1, 0))
End Function

Sub test()
MsgBox NumberOfWorkdays(2006, 1)
End Sub