-   -   Custom Number Format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/349920-custom-number-format.html)

robertjtucker[_9_]

Custom Number Format

Hello all I need to know how to create a format that would make a numbe
XXXXXX, into XXXXXX0000. Adding zeroes to the back end instead of th
front end. Any ideas? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Bo

--
robertjtucke
robertjtucker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2180

Steve Dalton[_3_]

Custom Number Format

Can't you just multiply the number by 10000?

Steve

"robertjtucker"
wrote in message
news:robertjtucker.21do3n_1136827501.5509@excelfor um-nospam.com...

Hello all I need to know how to create a format that would make a number
XXXXXX, into XXXXXX0000. Adding zeroes to the back end instead of the
front end. Any ideas? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Bob

--
robertjtucker
robertjtucker's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499446

MrShorty[_42_]

Custom Number Format

Without knowing the details, it's hard to say if this is a good option
but a format of general"00000" will display a handful of 0's to th
right of whatever is in the cell without changing the value stored i
the cell

--
MrShort
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2218