-   -   Web Query Error 1004 - Cannot insert columns... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/349818-web-query-error-1004-cannot-insert-columns.html)

Steach91[_3_]

Web Query Error 1004 - Cannot insert columns...

I'm running a macro that runs multiple webqueries.... pulling the table
data onto the same active sheet.

After it runs thru x number of times, I get a a 1004 - Cannot insert
columns because column IV has data etc...

Looking at the active sheet i see that with evey new web query, the old
one is pushed a few columns to the right, which eventually fills the
page.

How can I avoid this?

Here is the code I'm using to insert the webquery
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"URL;" & webaddy, _
Destination:=Range("aA1"))

.BackgroundQuery = False
.TablesOnlyFromHTML = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
.SaveData = False
End With

--
Steach91
Steach91's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30234

Ron Coderre[_5_]

Web Query Error 1004 - Cannot insert columns...

Try this:

With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"URL;" & webaddy, _
Destination:=Range("aA1"))

'----New code
.RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells