-   -   Excel Functions - Recursive (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/349696-excel-functions-recursive.html)

Mel_la_Bel

Excel Functions - Recursive

Hi all,

I have a list in Excel, where I already put a Formula to get the following
results:
Block Category Row SeatNo Range ChangeSearch
A.1 2 29 1 No Change
A.1 2 29 2 No Change
A.1 2 29 3 No Change
A.1 2 29 4 No Change
A.1 2 29 5 No Change
A.1 2 29 6 No Change
A.1 2 29 7 No Change
A.1 2 29 8 No Change
A.1 2 29 9 Change
A.1 2 29 15 No Change
A.1 2 29 16 No Change

Now I want to calculate the range from the first seat to the "Change" to get
something like:
Block Category Row SeatNo Range
A.1 2 29 1 1-9
A.1 2 29 1 15-XXX

How can this be done recursively in Excel, no macro?!
If only possible with macro, does anyone has a hint?

Thanks in advance and kisses,
Mel

Niek Otten

Excel Functions - Recursive

Look at DataSubtotals

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Mel_la_Bel" wrote in message
[...]

Hello Niek,

what should that do? Kind of Data-consolidate?

Thank you,
Mel

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Look at DataSubtotals