-   -   How do I find out if a cell has my word in it? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/349683-how-do-i-find-out-if-cell-has-my-word.html)

[email protected]

How do I find out if a cell has my word in it?

There should be an easy answer to this:

I have a table in Excel 2003 and I want to be able to find a way to
check if my String variable is anywhere in that cell. The cell contains
a random number of names separated by spaces like this: "Jim Ted Bob
Sue"

I am thinking something like this:

Dim myName As String
Dim nameCount As Integer

For cell = 1 To 100
If ActiveCell.Value = myName Then 'obviously not working
nameCount = nameCount + 1
End If
Next cell

What is the trick to this?

Thanks everyone

Kaak[_57_]

How do I find out if a cell has my word in it?

There is a function: Instr() who returns true is a string is in anothe
string

--
Kaa
Kaak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=751