-   -   using Formulas in VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/349659-using-formulas-vba.html)

Alan M

using Formulas in VBA

I need to be able to add the sum of a column of data into the cell at the
bottom of the column. I can do this using

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-121)]C:R[-1]C)"

However this number of rows in the column may vary so I cannot use a
pre-defined R1C1 range in the formula. Each time the code is run the number
of rows may be more or less so the -121 will vary.

How can I overcome this please?

Bob Phillips[_6_]

using Formulas in VBA

This will calculate the last used row in column A and put the formula in the
next row

Dim iLastRow As Long

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row
Cells(iLastRow + 1, "A").FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-" & iLastRow &

--

HTH

RP