Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Replacing dots with commas using macro

Hi,

I have a problem and maybe somebody can give me some good advice.

The problem is that I need to replace delimiter dots with commas,
otherwise numbers will be handeled as text. When I simply use Replace
function from Edit menu, it work perfectly - dots will be replaced with
commas and text will be converted to numbers.

I tried to record this function as a macro, but it doesn't work in
macros. It replaces dots with commas, but text won't be converted to
numbers and I can't use them in functions as SUM etc. Its strange
because it works when done manually but doesn't work in recorded macro.

How can I fix that?

Thank you!

--
maxest