-   -   Moving Rows Up - based on contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/349326-moving-rows-up-based-contents.html)

[email protected]

Moving Rows Up - based on contents

Hi all -

I'm having some issues, and wonder if this can be done easily (I'm not
much of a programmer as I've been told :)

I have a spreadsheet with values of C, M, U or blank in various cells.
What I would like to do is:

* For each column (2 to N):
1. Find the first value='C' and CUT the entire ROW it resides in.
2. Move the Rows below the CUT row up
3. INSERT the entire cut ROW it resides in to the first available row
(row 2 in this case)

4. Find the next value='C' (down the column) and repeat steps 1-3 until
no more C's in the column, INSERTing the rows below the previous ROW
that was inserted

*End when all columns have been evaluated*

In the end, all rows will contain a 'C' value, and they will be ordered
from top-left to bottom-right, with some columns with multiple 'C's

Anyone care to share an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Travis