-   -   I closed all menus/toolbars with macro. Any way to fix w/o losing my XLB?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/348988-i-closed-all-menus-toolbars-macro-any-way-fix-w-o-losing-my-xlb.html)

StargateFanFromWork[_3_]

I closed all menus/toolbars with macro. Any way to fix w/o losing my XLB??

Ah, guys, I did something really silly this morning. I found code in a msg
in the archives that was really neat but it didn't discriminate between
valid toolbars and the ones that might remain inadvertently open and for
which I'd need to close. I won't go into the whys/wherefores only that I
clicked on the icon I'd used the assign the macro to as it was in a
depressed state. It was silly, I know <g. And it was like magic. Now you
see 'em / now you don't! <g I no longer have any menus and toolbars. I
only have a formula bar under the title bar and the column/row indicators.

Of course, renaming my xlb files gets me back to a mode with toolbars that
are factory default ones, but I'd like to salvage my xlb file if possible.
Without the pulldowns, as well as my regular toolbars, is there a way around
this problem?

<g I hadn't done anything silly like this in quite a while, so I guess I
was due. Thanks for any help in helping me get out of the corner I've
painted myself into. :oD

Tom Ogilvy

I closed all menus/toolbars with macro. Any way to fix w/o losing my XLB??

go into the vbe and run this code

Sub showBar()
application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
'application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Visible = True
End Sub

If your main menu bar doesn't come back, then uncomment the second command
and run it again.

Now go to Tools=Customize and select the toolbars you want visible.

Depending on what the code did, you might then have to write code to
reenable specific popups.

Tom Ogilvy

"StargateFanFromWork" wrote in message
[...]

Well, sorry for this. I kept fighting with this and it looks like I found
the answer myself. Wish I'd not posted this earlier msg but it looked like
I wouldn't be able to get my xlb back. Fortunately, in mulling this over
during the lunch hour (I posted this msg just after lunch) and just now
fighting with this, I stumbled upon a possible solution that did indeed
work. First off, was able to find the original archive post where I'd
gotten the code from. The code is this:

Dim bar As CommandBar
For Each bar In CommandBars
bar.Enabled = False
Next

Fortunately for me, I saw that although my xlb file was affected and that's
what I couldn't access, my PERSONAL.XLS file was still the original one even
though I renamed my xlb. So with default toolbars rather than my own, I
tried to see if using the reverse of the above code would work. A hint in
another post in the archives led me to the idea of writing the code into an
Auto_Open in my personal.xls with the code for the above except with the
bar.Enabled line as true rather than false, or: "bar.enabled = True". I
deleted the new xlb file and renamed my old one back and the next time I
opened Excel, I got my lovely custom toolbars back!! <g I've now gotten
rid of all these toolbars codes from my personal.xls so this will _not_
happen ever again! <g This time, I will go to the group to find an answer
to the orphan open floating toolbars I may have in future. I guess I'm
still too green to figure it out on my own, archives or no archives!!!! <g

What is really neat and promising is that maybe I'm finally starting to get
somewhere. I painted myself into a corner but I was able to get myself out
of it!!! That's awesome for me. There's hope yet. <g

Thanks for "listening". Have a great day. :oD

StargateFanFromWork[_3_]

I closed all menus/toolbars with macro. Any way to fix w/o losing my XLB??

THANK YOU!!! <g

This seems a faster/easier way than what I did. Thanks bunches. :oD