-   -   Importing data from Access to Excel 2003 using code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/348962-importing-data-access-excel-2003-using-code.html)

Nagesh

Importing data from Access to Excel 2003 using code

Hi,

I have written code to import data from Access to Excel using VB code since
I wanted values to be filtered on a value. I picked up this code from MS site
which used ADODB for connection. I found that this code was not working
properly despite choosing proper references.
Is there a simple way I can get data from Access to excel 2003 filtred on a
value which is stored in adjacent cell. (If I use get external data in Excel,
it dumps the entire table).
Appeciate your response.

Thanks,

Tom Ogilvy

Importing data from Access to Excel 2003 using code

Get External Data supports adding a criteria. In MS query, look in the menu
when you set up the query.

Tom Ogilvy

"Nagesh" wrote in message

I have written code to import data from Access to Excel using VB code

since
I wanted values to be filtered on a value. I picked up this code from MS

site
which used ADODB for connection. I found that this code was not working
properly despite choosing proper references.
Is there a simple way I can get data from Access to excel 2003 filtred on

value which is stored in adjacent cell. (If I use get external data in

Excel,
it dumps the entire table).
Appeciate your response.

Thanks,

Nagesh

Importing data from Access to Excel 2003 using code

Tom,

Adding a criteria there would require value to be provided in a popup
window. I am looking for value to be picked up from a cell which is my active
cell.
Thanks,

"Nagesh" wrote in message

I have written code to import data from Access to Excel using VB code

since
I wanted values to be filtered on a value. I picked up this code from MS

site
which used ADODB for connection. I found that this code was not working
properly despite choosing proper references.
Is there a simple way I can get data from Access to excel 2003 filtred on

value which is stored in adjacent cell. (If I use get external data in

Excel,
it dumps the entire table).
Appeciate your response.

Thanks,

Tom Ogilvy

Importing data from Access to Excel 2003 using code

that's not true either. Looks like you are building your own obstacles to
reaching a solution:

http://nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datamenu/...taexamples.htm

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/Ex...htm#Parameters

Tom Ogilvy