-   -   FileSearch using FileType (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/348960-filesearch-using-filetype.html)

Werner Rohrmoser

FileSearch using FileType

Dear all,

I've read some articles in this group, where is reported that
FileSearch has some problems, but I didn't found my problem:

I use Excel XP SP3 with WIN XP SP1.

When I use ".FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks" then
I get not only the XL-files, I get all other files (*.doc, *.txt, etc.)
as well.

Is there anything special what I have to observe?

Thanks for your contributions
Werner

Bob Phillips[_6_]

FileSearch using FileType

Werner,

In my tests that works fine. Can you show us the full code?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Werner Rohrmoser" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear all,

I've read some articles in this group, where is reported that
FileSearch has some problems, but I didn't found my problem:

I use Excel XP SP3 with WIN XP SP1.

When I use ".FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks" then
I get not only the XL-files, I get all other files (*.doc, *.txt, etc.)
as well.

Is there anything special what I have to observe?

Thanks for your contributions
Werner

Werner Rohrmoser

FileSearch using FileType

Bob,

bottom line:
I have to take care using .FileName and .FileType together.
Thanks.

Werner