Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Move to bottom of Column

There are key combinations to select the the data from a cell to the end of
the spreadsheet, are there any key combinations to select all the data in a
colum, not the whole column just down to where the data ends

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Shift + End + Down Arrow
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Nigel" wrote:

There are key combinations to select the the data from a cell to the end of
the spreadsheet, are there any key combinations to select all the data in a
colum, not the whole column just down to where the data ends

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel

You can do it this way. Select the first cell at the top of your data
column (first cell with Data in it), then press CTRL - Shift - Down Arrow
(all those keys held simultaineously). Then when all the data is
highlighted (as it will be) you can either right mouse click and select
copy, or use the CTRL - INSERT keystroke (both simultainously again) and you
have copied the entire column of data to the clipboard. You then select the
first cell where you want to paste the data (or paste to another
application) same as always.

ONE CAVEAT. You cannot have any empty cells in the data column, so if you
have breaks between data in the column it will only go to the first empty
cell.

James D. Connelly
116 Rice Ave
Hamilton, ON L9C 5V9
Phone (905) 575 0284
Primary Web Site - http://home.moutaincable.net/~csctraders/cardznutz
Secondary Mirror Site = http://www.freewebs.com/cardznutz
Proud Member of CSCT (Canadian Sports Card Traders) Group
"Nigel" wrote in message
There are key combinations to select the the data from a cell to the end

of
the spreadsheet, are there any key combinations to select all the data in

colum, not the whole column just down to where the data ends

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does the Column have formulas in it that are returning "". That Key combo
whould select up to the first blank cell. Similar in code to
Range("A1).End(xlDown) which goes to the last populated cell in before a
blank cell in column A.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Nigel" wrote:

There are key combinations to select the the data from a cell to the end of
the spreadsheet, are there any key combinations to select all the data in a
colum, not the whole column just down to where the data ends

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK thanks, now I realise where my question lacked one vital piece of
information,

there is no data in the column, the column to the left and the column to the
right have data but I want to select down to that last row of data to
autofill in a formula.

on one spreadsheet it may be 5 rows of data dn another it may be 25.

I need to find out how many rows there are then autofill the formula that
amby rows

thanks

thanks

"Nigel" wrote:

There are key combinations to select the the data from a cell to the end of
the spreadsheet, are there any key combinations to select all the data in a
colum, not the whole column just down to where the data ends

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I do not know of a specific key stroke combination for that one. So you are
wanting to mimic autofill with a key combination. You could create a macro
and add it to an addin? Here is a good link on shortcut keys...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson