Jim Thomlinson[_5_]

best way to remove external links

Take a look at findlinks...

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way to
remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

Jim Thomlinson[_5_]

best way to remove external links

That is a good one. I am not 100% sure. I am a little busy today but I will
see if I can find something...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

doesn't find any links, this is a query to a text file that i need to delete

sorry

--

Gary

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in
message ...
Take a look at findlinks...

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way
remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

Tom Ogilvy

best way to remove external links

activesheet.querytables(1).Delete

adjust to refer to the correct table.

Tom Ogilvy

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way to
remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

Niek Otten

best way to remove external links

Please fix your system date

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way to
remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

Gary Keramidas

best way to remove external links

i did, that's windows vista that plays games with the date's and times

--

Gary

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Please fix your system date

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way
to remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

Niek Otten

best way to remove external links

Promising! :-)

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
i did, that's windows vista that plays games with the date's and times

--

Gary

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Please fix your system date

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way
to remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

Dave Peterson

best way to remove external links

Are you sure your time zone is correct?

Gary Keramidas wrote:

i did, that's windows vista that plays games with the date's and times

--

Gary

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Please fix your system date

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way
to remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

--

Dave Peterson

Jana[_3_]

best way to remove external links

Gary:

I currently use code that loops through the entire workbook and deletes
the external data source definitions, yet leaves the data it grabbed
like this:

Sub FreezeData()
Dim MyQT, qt As QueryTable
Dim i As Integer
For Each Sheet In Sheets
i = Sheet.Index
For Each qt In Worksheets(i).QueryTables
Set MyQT = qt
MyQT.Delete
Next
Next
End Sub

HTH,
Jana

Gary Keramidas

best way to remove external links

thanks, jana

--

Gary

"Jana" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gary:

I currently use code that loops through the entire workbook and deletes
the external data source definitions, yet leaves the data it grabbed
like this:

Sub FreezeData()
Dim MyQT, qt As QueryTable
Dim i As Integer
For Each Sheet In Sheets
i = Sheet.Index
For Each qt In Worksheets(i).QueryTables
Set MyQT = qt
MyQT.Delete
Next
Next
End Sub

HTH,
Jana

Gary Keramidas

best way to remove external links

deleting my original post to get it off of the top

--

Gary

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way to
remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

Jana[_3_]

best way to remove external links

You're quite welcome, Gary. Let me know if that works for you.

Jana

keepITcool

best way to remove external links

jana's code is error prone...

To delete members of a collection:
NEVER iterate a collection by object
ALWAYS enumerate by numerical index from Highest to Lowest
THEN delete.

--
keepITcool

Gary Keramidas wrote :

thanks, jana

Jana[_3_]

best way to remove external links

Thanks,
I never knew that could cause a problem...I am still pretty new at
coding in excel. How would you recommend the code be altered?
Jana

Bob Phillips[_6_]

best way to remove external links

Sub FreezeData()
Dim MyQT As QueryTable
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Long
For Each Sheet In Sheets
i = Sheet.Index
For j = Worksheets(i).QueryTables.Count To 1 Step -1
Set MyQT = Worksheets(i).QueryTables(j)
MyQT.Delete
Next
Next

HTH

RP

"Jana" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks,
I never knew that could cause a problem...I am still pretty new at
coding in excel. How would you recommend the code be altered?
Jana

Jana[_3_]

best way to remove external links

RP:
Thanks very much! I will implement the changes you've made.

Appreciate the clarification :)

Jana

Arvi Laanemets

best way to remove external links

Hi

It is an ODBC query, is it?
InsertNameDelete - and delete named range(s) which determine(s) returned
data range(s)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com wrote in message
after refreshing the external links to a text file, what's the best way to
remove the links and just save the values?

--

Gary

Arvi Laanemets

best way to remove external links