-   -   ____ Return file path via APIs !!!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/348451-____-return-file-path-via-apis.html)

RAFAAJ2000[_2_]

____ Return file path via APIs !!!!

Hi there,

How can I get from XL the path of an open Document in Word without using
Automation ? (Maybe through APIs)

Regards.

Tom Ogilvy

____ Return file path via APIs !!!!

Sub WDTest()
Dim WD As Object
Set WD = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
MsgBox WD.ActiveDocument.Path
Set WD = Nothing

Tom Ogilvy

"RAFAAJ2000" wrote in message
Hi there,

How can I get from XL the path of an open Document in Word without using
Automation ? (Maybe through APIs)

Regards.

RAFAAJ2000[_2_]

____ Return file path via APIs !!!!

Dear Tom,

As I mentioned in my post , I don't want to use Automation. I am looking for
an alternative solution.

The reason I don't want automation is because I want to extend this to other
applications that don't necessarly support Automation.

Also, if I wanted to retrieve the file path of the active workbook opened in
a second Excel instance the GetObject function wouldn't work .

Any idea about an alternative to Automation (ie GetObject function) ?
There's got to be an API solution to this .

Regards.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub WDTest()
Dim WD As Object
Set WD = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
MsgBox WD.ActiveDocument.Path
Set WD = Nothing

Tom Ogilvy

"RAFAAJ2000" wrote in message
Hi there,

How can I get from XL the path of an open Document in Word without using
Automation ? (Maybe through APIs)

Regards.

jaf

____ Return file path via APIs !!!!

Hi,
This is VB6. It should run with a little modification. Zipfile is at the
bottom of the page.
http://vb.mvps.org/samples/project.asp?id=TaskList

--
John