-   -   Excel-VB Macro Variables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/348387-excel-vbulletin-macro-variables.html)

Eunice W

Excel-VB Macro Variables

I have not worked with macros but I think I could use one to really speed
things up. How do I assign a variable in VB to pick up the name of an Excel
file that changes each time I open a new file? I have to open many files,
and copy various cells to another spreadsheet. Any ideas?

Norman Jones

Excel-VB Macro Variables

Hi Eunice,

See Ron de Bruin at:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

for sample code and techniques.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Eunice W" wrote in message
I have not worked with macros but I think I could use one to really speed
things up. How do I assign a variable in VB to pick up the name of an
Excel
file that changes each time I open a new file? I have to open many
files,
and copy various cells to another spreadsheet. Any ideas?

Eunice W

Excel-VB Macro Variables

Thank you Norman, looks like just the ticket. How ever did you locate this!