-   -   Permission denied in CreateObject(Excel.Application") (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/348214-permission-denied-createobject-excel-application.html)

Leo

Permission denied in CreateObject(Excel.Application")

I am using CreateObject from MS Access to open up an excel workbook. There
were some changes made on my machine but not sure what and now this error
appears. Before that it worked fine. Does anyone know what do I need to give
permission to to get this command to work?

Thanks

Leo

Ron de Bruin

Permission denied in CreateObject(Excel.Application")

Show us your code Leo

Is it working if you use this

CreateObject(Excel.Application.10")

9 is for 2000
11 =2003

This small test is working OK for me

Dim xl As Object
On Error Resume Next
Set xl = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
If xl Is Nothing Then
Set xl = GetObject("", "Excel.Application")

xl.UserControl = True
xl.Visible = True
End If
AppActivate "Microsoft Excel"