-   -   Protection Property (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/348151-protection-property.html)

MWS

Protection Property

I need to systematically determine if a worksheet is protected or not, so
then I can create the if statement to do some events if the worksheet is
protected and other events if it is not protected.

I thought I would be able to do so via the worksheets properties, but am now
very confused.

ANy and All Help Is Appreciated - Thank You

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

Protection Property

I am not too sure which level of protection you need to catch (probably
contents) but here is a function...

Sub TestProtection()
MsgBox IsProtected(Sheet1)
MsgBox IsProtected(Sheet2)

End Sub

Public Function IsProtected(ByVal wks As Worksheet) As Boolean

If wks.ProtectContents = True Or _
wks.ProtectDrawingObjects = True Or _
wks.ProtectScenarios = True Then
IsProtected = True
Else
IsProtected = False
End If

End Function
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MWS" wrote:

I need to systematically determine if a worksheet is protected or not, so
then I can create the if statement to do some events if the worksheet is
protected and other events if it is not protected.

I thought I would be able to do so via the worksheets properties, but am now
very confused.

ANy and All Help Is Appreciated - Thank You

MWS

Protection Property

Thank You Jim - I Appreciate Your Help!!!!