-   -   How to identify text (compare) in one sheet, then move it another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/348073-how-identify-text-compare-one-sheet-then-move-another.html)

mag7417[_4_]

How to identify text (compare) in one sheet, then move it another

Hi!

I have a problem I hope someone here can help me with. I have tw
sheets in my excel file.

Sheet 1: A table of contents. All in the A column (e.g. "1.2.4 This an
that")
E.g.
1 Introduction
1.1 Purpose
2
3
3.1
3.1.1

Sheet 2: The entire document. An ID# in A and then the text in B.

What I want to do is to match all the ID's in sheet two to the ToC i
sheet one. I.e. I "simply" want each ID# for each heading in th
document to show up in sheet one. I also want all ID's under eac
heading to be inserted under each heading in the ToC.

It is all a requirement doc listing for all the requirements. Basicall
what I want to do is to list all the eq ID's in sheet two under with th
corresponding heading in sheet one.

Included here is an example of approx. what I want to do

|Filename: Q.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4122

mag741
mag7417's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2841