-   -   How to disable CTRL key (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/347963-how-disable-ctrl-key.html)

Bon

How to disable CTRL key

Dear all

I am wondering how to disable the Ctrl key. Thus, user can't use
CTRL+P, CTRL+O,.. etc to trigger build in functions?

Thanks
Bon

Peter Rooney

How to disable CTRL key

Hi, Bon,

You don't disable the Ctrl key as such, rather the things that you'd want to
do with it. here's some code i run when one of my workbooks is opened.

'Application.OnKey "^{n}", "" 'disable creation of new workbook
'Application.OnKey "%{F11}", "" 'disable [Shift]+F11 to view code
'Application.OnKey "%{F8}", "" 'disable [Shift]+F8 to run macros

the ^ character represents [Control] - hence ^{n} is the same a Control+N
The % represents [Alt]
You use + to repesent [Shift]

When you close the workbook, you can run

Application.OnKey "^{n}"
Application.OnKey "%{F11}"
Application.OnKey "%{F8}"

to reset the key combinations to their original dunctions.

Check out the Help on ONKEY

Hope this helps

Regards

Pete