Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need some help

I have a master spreadsheet that has a list of all employees in the company,
I have 5 other spreadsheets that have a list of employees that have access
to certain applications. What I want to do is scan through spreadsheets
2,3,4,5 and see which users are in that spreadsheet that are also listed in
the master spreadsheet. If the user is found in the spreadsheets 2-5 I want
it to flag a column in the master spreadsheet... I hope this makes sense...
here is an example..

user A is on the master spreadsheet and is also in spreadsheets 2 and 4
....on the master spreadsheet I have column 1(Webapps) and column 2(Database
apps) ... I would like column 1 and 2 be flagged with a 1 and then columns 3
and 5 flagged with a 0...

I hope this is making sense and any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gavin....