-   -   Hide Sheet using Workbook Open Event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/347757-hide-sheet-using-workbook-open-event.html)

[email protected]

Hide Sheet using Workbook Open Event

I know this is simple, but I can't seem to get it to work. I want to
hide (make not visible) the HelpSheet worksheet. I was going to use
the WorkbookOpen event to make sure it is not visible each time the
workbook is opened.

Private Sub XL_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Worksheets("HelpSheet").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
End Sub

I have the above code in a class module. But the sheet is still
visible. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,
John

Norman Jones

Hide Sheet using Workbook Open Event

Hi John,

Try:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("HelpSheet").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

wrote in message
ups.com...
I know this is simple, but I can't seem to get it to work. I want to
hide (make not visible) the HelpSheet worksheet. I was going to use
the WorkbookOpen event to make sure it is not visible each time the
workbook is opened.

Private Sub XL_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Worksheets("HelpSheet").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
End Sub

I have the above code in a class module. But the sheet is still
visible. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,
John

Charlie

Hide Sheet using Workbook Open Event

Put your code in:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

End Sub

which is in ThisWorkbook under the folder "Microsoft Excel Objects"

" wrote:

I know this is simple, but I can't seem to get it to work. I want to
hide (make not visible) the HelpSheet worksheet. I was going to use
the WorkbookOpen event to make sure it is not visible each time the
workbook is opened.

Private Sub XL_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Worksheets("HelpSheet").Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
End Sub

I have the above code in a class module. But the sheet is still
visible. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,
John

[email protected]

Hide Sheet using Workbook Open Event

Used your code...thank you very much....but the worksheet is still
visible. What is the deal?

Thanks again,
John

[email protected]

Hide Sheet using Workbook Open Event

Got it. Your code is correct....but you knew that. It needed to be in
the ThisWorkbook module. Not in a class module.

John