-   -   VBA error 438 - Object not supporting this property or method (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/347567-vba-error-438-object-not-supporting-property-method.html)

Catalina

VBA error 438 - Object not supporting this property or method

I'm simply trying to add a VB button to a spreadsheet that copies a range of
cells from one worksheet in an open file to another worksheet in a different
open file (then save that file that received the paste as a new filename).
When I click on the button, it appears I can activate the other file, select
and copy a range, then come back (activate) the first file (that has the
button) but it fails (error 438 and similar) right after it tries to select
the correct worksheet just as it tries to select the cell I want to copy to.
I've tried other methods but get similar errors. Please help! Thanks.

Brian

VBA error 438 - Object not supporting this property or method

This works for me... I added a pict file and assigned the Test macro to
it...

Sub Test()
Workbooks("Book2").Sheets(1).Range("B5").Copy _
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("B5")
End Sub

No need to activate the other book to do a copy and paste. The other code
for saving shouldn't change.

Brian