-   -   Display text and use a formula in 1 box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/347254-display-text-use-formula-1-box.html)

Eric

Display text and use a formula in 1 box

I need to be able to have text ("year end results") displayed then the answer
from my formula. how do i do this?

Ron Coderre[_5_]

Display text and use a formula in 1 box

Maybe custom formatting is the answer for you:
Example:
FormatCellsNumber
Category: Custom
Type: #,##0" Year End Results"

Will display numeric contents with "Year End Results" appended
Example:
A1: 1234
displays as: 1,234 Year End Results

Is that something you can adapt to suit your situation?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Eric" wrote:

I need to be able to have text ("year end results") displayed then the answer
from my formula. how do i do this?

Ken Johnson

Display text and use a formula in 1 box

Hi Eric,
What do you mean when you use the term "box", a cell or a text box?
If you mean cell then add the following to the required cell:
= "year end results " & ......

at ...... just type your formula without the "=" since it's already at
the front.

e.g; = "year end results " & SIN(radians(30)) returns "year end result
0.5"

Silly example I know. Also note the space after the word "results".

If you mean text box then:

as above to first get it into a cell, then create your text box, then
while the text box is selected click in the formula bar, type "="
(without speech marks), then select the cell with the text and formula,
then press Enter. You can then format the text box as you like

Ken Johnson

Desert Piranha[_8_]

Eric Wrote:
I need to be able to have text ("year end results") displayed then the
answer
from my formula. how do i do this?

Hi Eric,
Another way,