Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DAO recordset Call to SQL Stored Proc

I am trying to call a stored proc in DAO. I have a connection to the SQL DB
and have defined a recordset object

The line of code I am using is:

Set rs = SQLcnn.OpenRecordset("vsp_TemplateGetID 533, '1234567890',
'argert'", dbOpenSnapshot, dbSQLPassThrough, dbReadOnly)

In query analyzer if can successfully run:

vsp_TemplateGetID 533, '1234567890', 'argert'

When I try to set a recordset with the code then I get an error:

Run time error 3001 Invalid argument

Can someone please help me?

--
Stewart Rogers